How have we used our funding at St Julian’s Church School?
1. To support the cost of teaching assistants so that children in receipt of Pupil Premium are prioritised to receive intervention programmes. This enables specific pupils who are under-performing in reading writing and maths, to work 1:1 and in small to support groups to further increase attainment, knowledge and skills.
2. To provide nurture activities to support vulnerable children who are less able to cope with the social and emotional aspects of learning and may lack self-confidence. These activities give children positive strategies that impact on their learning in the classroom and build their self-esteem.
3. To provide additional support for phonics in KS1 and narrow the gap in attainment for literacy and maths.
4. To support with the funding for school trips, visits and uniform for less advantaged pupils.
5. To provide additional resources to support children across the school.