Free School Meals
We encourage any parent who is eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals to register, even if your child is in Key Stage 1 or does not take the meals.
By registering, you will help your school to receive vital extra entitled funding for Pupil Premium (£1300 per Primary pupil). You can register your entitlement for Free School Meals if you receive the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jo Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit and an annual income below £16,190
- Child Tax Credit with working Tax Credit run-on which is only paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for WTC
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit – Universal Credit
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
To register for Free School Meals in Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Call 01225 394317 to make a telephone registration
- Complete a registration form at your school or Council Connect offices at the Guildhall in Bath and The Hollies in Midsomer Norton
- Using the web link http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/schools-colleges-and-learning/school-meals-and-catering/free-school-meals, download and complete the registration form and email it to email@example.com
We thank you for your continued support.
Universal Free School Meals
From September 2014 the Government has funded Schools in England to provide every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 a free hot nutritious school meal every day. This is in addition to and regardless of being in receipt of benefits related free school meals.