Oak Class – Reception
In Oak class we enable our Reception children to thrive through play-based learning, outdoor exploration and challenging opportunities in preparation for life's adventures!
All About Oak Class
In Oak class we believe that the classroom is the second teacher and that with carefully thought out planning and set-up, children become autonomous learners; the children are the leaders. It is then our job as practitioners to support them in their exploration. We also have a superb outdoor learning set up so that pupils have the choice of whether they explore new concepts inside or outside. They can design and build elaborate bridges to walk across; explore under the sea creatures at the water tray; cook interesting meals in the mud kitchen; become pirates using costumes and props or create a piece of artwork.
Through play based activities and challenges we teach the Early Years Curriculum in a way that inspires and encourages our children to ask deeper questions as well as providing a learning journey full of nurturing and enriched opportunities.
- Mrs. Parker (Full Time)
- Mrs Miles (Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) covering PPA every other Tuesday)
- Mrs Tiley (Class Teaching Assistant – Working Monday – Friday except Friday PM)
- Mr Smalley (Teaching Assistant – Working Friday PM)
- Mrs Murphy (SEN Teaching Assistant )
Here are a few things that will help your child settle easily into Oak Class :
At the beginning of Term:
- Bring a spare set of named clothes to leave on your child peg in case of accidents include underwear.
- Bring named wellies to leave in school.
- School book bag, contact book and reading book.
- Water bottle and waterproof coat.
- Fruit snack if not having the school fruit offer. (If bringing grapes please name the pot and cut grapes in half to avoid choking hazard.)
- Packed lunch if they are not having hot school meal. (Please remember we encourage healthy eating and due to nut allergies no nut products please.
Wednesday – Children come to school in their full PE kit. This should be White T shirt, black shorts / black jogging bottoms or sports leggings, green logo hoodie and trainers.
Class Dojo is our school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use by sharing learning and experiences both in the classroom and at home through photos, videos, and messages. It enables us to send out individual or whole class messages direct from your child’s class. We also used Class Dojo to support our current Home Learning during the COVID Lockdown 2021.
Please feel free to upload any photos and videos of WOW moments at home so that your child can talk about it in class and share her exciting news. This might be riding a bike, a picture they have taken care with, sleeping in their own bed all night or trying something new to eat. We love to celebrate their personal milestones with them.
If you have any concerns, questions or need contact class teacher then you can do so by logging on to your School Dojo using the login information that was supplied to you on starting school.