If your child is in receipt of Free School Meals, or has been in the past 6 years, then the school will receive additional funding called the Pupil Premium Grant. This additional funding is specifically to support schools ensure that these children make at least the same progress as their peers, or for many children accelerated progress. If you are not sure if the school can claim the pupil premium grant for your child please come and ask in the school office.
How have we used our funding at St Julian’s Church School?
1. To support the cost of teaching assistants so that children in receipt of Pupil Premium are prioritised to receive intervention programmes. This enables specific pupils who are under-performing in reading, writing and maths, to work 1:1 and in small support groups to further increase attainment, knowledge and skills.
2. To provide nurture activities to support vulnerable children who are less able to cope with the social and emotional aspects of learning and may lack self-confidence. These activities give children positive strategies that impact on their learning in the classroom and build their self-esteem.
3. To provide additional support for phonics in KS1 and narrow the gap in attainment for literacy and maths.
4. To support with the funding for school trips, visits and uniform for less advantaged pupils.
5. To provide additional resources to support children across the school.