Chestnut Class – Year 1/2
Welcome to Chestnut Class. We love playing and learning together, exploring and discovering as we go.
All About Chestnut Class
In Chestnut Class our mornings consist of phonics, maths and English lessons followed by a nurturing and engaging wider curriculum focus in the afternoons.
- Wednesday is PE- children to come to school wearing PE kit.
- Contact books are needed in school daily.
- Spellings are checked on Fridays.
- New spellings are given out on Mondays. These are linked to the phonics phase your child is working on.
Our current class novel:
- Mrs Barnes
- Miss Newlove (Mon-Thursday)
- Mr Smalley (Mornings only- not Thursdays)