Chestnut Class – Year 2
Welcome to Chestnut Class. We love playing and learning together, exploring and discovering as we go.
Following announcements that schools are closed, all children are learning at home. This letter explains everything you can expect for your child whilst they are accessing remote learning.
Home Learning slides
Please find the links to home learning below.
How to get help through the day
Chestnut class meet daily at 10 -10.30 Monday- Friday for a live chat and literacy lesson.
Mrs Barnes is available throughout the day via Dojo messages should you need help or support.
Celebrating our home learning in Term 3
All About Chestnut Class
In Chestnut Class our mornings consist of phonics, maths and English lessons followed by a nurturing and engaging wider curriculum focus in the afternoons.
- Wednesday is PE- children to come to school wearing PE kit.
- Contact books and reading books are collected in on Fridays.
- Spellings are checked on Fridays.
- New reading books and spellings are given out on Mondays.
Our current class novel: George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl
- Mrs Barnes
- Miss Newlove (mornings including covering PPA on Wednesday mornings)
- Mrs Hillier (1-1 Teaching assistant)