Our Building & History
St Julian’s is situated in the attractive and friendly village of Wellow, just south of Bath. The main school building, which dates from 1843, provides the school hall, one classroom, the library and the offices.
There are three additional classrooms close to the main building, each with its own facilities. Adjacent to the school is the main playground, a small field, known as ‘the paddock’, an adventure play area and a conservation area.
In September 2018 the provision for Early Years outdoor learning was enhanced through the building of a purpose built canopy with water features, mark making areas, a mud kitchen and a large role play area. This allows children in both Oak and Chestnut classes free flow access to excellent outdoor learning experiences.
We are very lucky to be situated in a beautiful village, surrounded by countryside, open spaces and woodland. The school is committed to outdoor learning and many Forest School type activities are planned within the school day to bring learning to life for our children.